Exposing Mike Long

shaneo

12 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

My guess is the white plastic not only disguises his treble but also helps him see where his hook is so he knows when to swing 

Exactly, everyone seems to be thinking it’s an actual bait, but I would think it’s to see where the hook is, doesn’t matter if it was a grub, senko, ned worm, etc. It’s not the an actual bait it’s an indicator to see where the treble is. 

On 6/25/2019 at 4:39 AM, Cj_bassinish said:

Many people thought it but didn’t have so much proof but now there is. Also I’m sure there are many more doin what he is which is even more upsetting.

You're right, and if there are I fear for the community.

22 hours ago, GoblinSlayer said:

I wouldn't say that's looks like snagging  to me. Dragging trebles and violently ripping the water would be a "yeah no doubt snagging" but what he's doing and from a distance doesnt prove guilt in my eyes. He maybe looking for a reaction strike. Idk dont care really but until the videos more "clear cut" he's still Mike long to me.

dude there are photos of fish with gashes in the side. HE IS A SNAGGER AND CHEATER. People have known this forever, and have tried to speak out. 

19 hours ago, MA Frog Man said:

People who are innocent don't delete their IG. Looking back on it its kinda fishy that this swimbait veteran was using saltwater duolock clips on all of his baits. Ive fished alot of tournaments and I've never seen anyone bed fishing with a treble hook like was in the video. 

This just sums it up sooo well.

7 hours ago, Willluvstafish said:

This is still going on?? Dude was snagging, period. How you could see anything else is mind boggling. It's brutality obvious to see. Any negative fallout from this that he gets is well deserved. 

I agree completely.  There is nothing in the initial vids that look remotely like anything BUT snagging.

"For me,  this quote is really revealing (when talking about the Poway and Jennings records): "Remember, this is a guy who claims to have caught more than 75 bass over 15 pounds. If he had caught even a fraction of fish that big, why wasn't he at least using one of those fish to fake records?"

Only thing that I have trouble with is John Kerr's behaviour throughout these years:

1- Long claims two lake records using photos of your fish (from the article we know Kerr recognized the Poway record fish) but still fishes tournaments with him afterwards?

2- Kerr states that Mike Long was hardly catching any fish in tournaments with him. Why did he keep him as his tournament partner for so long then?

3- Long takes all credit for their big bag in 2005 (making fun of Kerr along the way) but, according to Kerr, he's the one who caught all of the bag. Why continue to fish with this liar that makes you look bad for another 3 years?

I am sure John Kerr is a great person, but I find it stunning that he kept on fishing with Long through all these years even though he was that useless...

14 hours ago, NORTHERN_GLIDER said:

"For me,  this quote is really revealing (when talking about the Poway and Jennings records): "Remember, this is a guy who claims to have caught more than 75 bass over 15 pounds. If he had caught even a fraction of fish that big, why wasn't he at least using one of those fish to fake records?"

Only thing that I have trouble with is John Kerr's behaviour throughout these years:

1- Long claims two lake records using photos of your fish (from the article we know Kerr recognized the Poway record fish) but still fishes tournaments with him afterwards?

2- Kerr states that Mike Long was hardly catching any fish in tournaments with him. Why did he keep him as his tournament partner for so long then?

3- Long takes all credit for their big bag in 2005 (making fun of Kerr along the way) but, according to Kerr, he's the one who caught all of the bag. Why continue to fish with this liar that makes you look bad for another 3 years?

I am sure John Kerr is a great person, but I find it stunning that he kept on fishing with Long through all these years even though he was that useless...

I'd imagine fear of someone crazy enough to loosen lugnuts and stalk your kid has a pretty influential effect on a person. People do odd things when threatened either directly or indirectly; sometimes their way of coping is to just go along with it as confronting the situation is more frightening than just turning a blind eye.

15 hours ago, NORTHERN_GLIDER said:

From first hand experience. Narcsistic people like Mike Long and a bunch of others that have gained any fame use it to threaten the people they have used directly and indirectly. They retaliate by using their influence over people and media to make you look like the party at fault. They try to make you look like your the crazy one with mental issues that is jealous of their fame and success. Their defenders come one after another to attack thinking they are defending their "buddy". If Kerr would have came out earlier I can guarantee it would have been far worse for him. Mike Long at that time had the world convinced and some really nice freinds and people I know that he was the nicest guy on earth. As a few told me ,"humble and only wanting to help people". As I have warned people here in the past and one of the reasons I don't post much here anymore. This is same of all the people involved in all the fish beefs supporting and defending their hero's and freinds. Plenty more fraudulant people out their pretending to be something that are not. And plenty of people still out there telling us what great people they are. And if somebody tells the truth on their "buddy" or hero they are willing to attack, ridicule, and shame that person to no end although they are just being used same as the accuser. 

18 minutes ago, High Power Swimbaits said:

From first hand experience. Narcsistic people like Mike Long and a bunch of others that have gained any fame use it to threaten the people they have used directly and indirectly. They retaliate by using their influence over people and media to make you look like the party at fault. They try to make you look like your the crazy one with mental issues that is jealous of their fame and success. Their defenders come one after another to attack thinking they are defending their "buddy". If Kerr would have came out earlier I can guarantee it would have been far worse for him. Mike Long at that time had the world convinced and some really nice freinds and people I know that he was the nicest guy on earth. As a few told me ,"humble and only wanting to help people". As I have warned people here in the past and one of the reasons I don't post much here anymore. This is same of all the people involved in all the fish beefs supporting and defending their hero's and freinds. Plenty more fraudulant people out their pretending to be something that are not. And plenty of people still out there telling us what great people they are. And if somebody tells the truth on their "buddy" or hero they are willing to attack, ridicule, and shame that person to no end although they are just being used same as the accuser. 

100% couldn't say it better myself.

5 hours ago, High Power Swimbaits said:

Now that my friend, is some real friends ish. 

Here is my take on this.

I could give 2 sh&ts what he did or other people do. I really never look up to people, don't get me wrong I know many great swimbaiters out there. To me this is not based on how many followers on social media. I think after a while you get to know these people.

To be honest the only person I look up to is my wife. Not sure how she dose it, putting up with me, taking care of me, our daughter, the house hold stuff, and being the rock of this family.

Bottom line is what was done was not cool, but iit really doesn't effect that many people. Not 100 percent on this but I am sure we all didn't send him money every time he caught a big fish.

So fish and learn for yourself by yourself not by idolized people.

On a side note....it would be 2 times harder for me to snag a fish then to actually catch one. If I throw out a snag hook I would get a gator or 100 pounds of weeds.

Anyways best to everyone,

Brian