Exposing Mike Long

shaneo

Now I don't feel so bad about not catching fish every trip myself :P

Still a sad thing to hear of any fisherman losing respect for these trophy fish just to gain a bit of attention. Fishing becomes less of a passion and more of a means to popularity. I was first inspired to pick up the big baits from reading a 2009 Bassmaster article featuring Long and his success with swimbaits. I'm still glad for that article, but this definitely puts new perspective on things.

All these big guns catch huge fish all the time and act like it's nothing. Some are legit and put in tons of work and others maybe not so much. I just hope that when we all finally get that new pb the moment won't be spoiled by some internet battle of legitimacy. Respect the fish and catch them in an honest manner and the feeling of accomplishment should be reward enough

Wow that sucks. Cheaters always pop up every now and again. Unfortunately in their case he was able to get away with it for way too long. 

Sowbelly is a good read if u like big bass drama. It burnt out some folks for life trying to win the million..regarding article, I must have made this cat a million dollars reading the ads 100x to get to page 5. Haha. I was able to do so this morning....I am going to watch vid again it didn't seem too incriminating by technique of rip and drop. I guess he was using a treble then.....

P.S. I stopped following FlW after torney guy Suggs won a million dollar prize on a brush pile he sank.  Apparently, on alot of man made lakes they encourage you to add structure, and it is legit. 

10 hours ago, o_show1421 said:

Who knew that within the fishing community lay such scumbags and idiots/

Many people thought it but didn’t have so much proof but now there is. Also I’m sure there are many more doin what he is which is even more upsetting.

18 hours ago, deaknh said:

not saying he's guilty or innocent, but much of the story written is anecdotal, with zero evidence to back it up. I read all 9 pages and watched the video, it really just seems this author has a hair across his ass for Mike Long.