Most expensive lure you’ve lost

Texasfishn

I casted off my 10 inch Hiro shad first trip out with it last year. Went back after they drained the lake and couldn't find it after walking the bank for an hour and a half. Also have a gancraft 178 in the same lake. There's also a 6 inch bullshad stuck on a buoy line somewhere in the aqueduct

Went out fishing for a bit on my way to work and Lost a rare 316 ss real deal less then 5 mins after getting it.  Was not long after ice out in Michigan and I stripped down to my Underwear and tried to swim for it....made it about 10 yards from shore before I became so cold I was having a hard time staying afloat and swimming...feared drowning so turned around.  Had a hard time making it back to shore from being so cold. (And I am a good swimmer)

Couldn’t tell ya exact value but I know the 8” Ss is pretty darn rare

12 hours ago, boomah21 said:

I stripped down to my Underwear and tried to swim for it....made it about 10 yards from shore before I became so cold I was having a hard time staying afloat and swimming...feared drowning so turned around.  Had a hard time making it back to shore from being so cold. (And I am a good swimmer)

Did this exact thing. It will take your breath away! I got chewed out after I did it by my grandpa. That was worse that the whole swimming in 30's water temp

My lucky golden shiner HPH to a tiger, first time having a fish bite clean through an 80lb leader. 

Never lost any super expensive baits cause my line never comes in contact with zebra mussels with those baits tied on. 

Magnums and hudds on the other hand, I've lost enuff of those the last 6 years to afford a nice little honda civic. :-D 

Man, some of you have been very fortunate! I lost way too many baits my first 2 years of throwing but baits for many different reasons such as simply not retying enough, crap knots, chipped guides, snags, knots in my line during casts, my giant fat fingers hitting the reel handle and engaging the reel mid-cast (my personal favorite). 

But thankfully, I have not lost a bait since I casted off my last OG 2 years ago. The right rod and reel setup, and retying more frequently has been the ticket for me. Thank christ, otherwise I would have given up by now. 

-2 OG Natty trouts

-2 new style 250's

-multiple mags/hudds 

All y'all that throw expensive ish where there are Pike and Muskies are nuts. LOL.

I'd be throwing those with wire, might lose a few leader shy bites but screw it.

I've lost prolly three 8" Hudds but never anything pricey. Now losing expensive rods and reel combos is my jam. 

Luckily I havent lost any real expensive swimbaits yet  but I did have a bass break off a 6 inch wood lunker punker that was worth about $1000000 in mojo bucks to me since I had caught 30 to 40 bass on it the weekend before and had caught about 10 on it  the morning I lost it. I got caught up in the moment and didnt check my line so it was my fault.  I own 10 to 15 punkers now and none have that kind of mojo.