Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

Any updates on the toothy critter test???

:lol: its been two days. Patience, young padawan. :lol:

Use the force, Luke ;) ; and catch some toothy brutes so I can see how perch mama can take it!

Awesome review.

i just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on such an expensive wooden bait. Hook rash I can deal with; huge chunks and chips of wood and missing silencers I don't think I can take for that cost. Still a sick bait.

Still no toothy critter update on mama perch, huh?

No love yesterday on the Mother or the 250. :(

I guess mama perch isn't sexy enough for the ski's

Oh, its definitely sexy, and you can do some cool stuff with it. However, like Travis said, its slow, lazy glide appears that it would be a better match for cooler water temps. The Deps 250 has a more active glide to it -if that makes sense. I didn't get as much as a follow on either, which is disappointing. After throwing the bait for half the trip, I will say that IMO a big muskie could probably inflict some damage. The bait already shows some minor wear and tear from simply casting.

Believe me, if I get one worthy of a photoshoot, you'll see it here. :lol:

I guess mama perch isn't sexy enough for the ski's

Oh, its definitely sexy, and you can do some cool stuff with it. However, like Travis said, its slow, lazy glide appears that it would be a better match for cooler water temps. The Deps 250 has a more active glide to it -if that makes sense. I didn't get as much as a follow on either, which is disappointing. After throwing the bait for half the trip, I will say that IMO a big muskie could probably inflict some damage. The bait already shows some minor wear and tear from simply casting.

Believe me, if I get one worthy of a photoshoot, you'll see it here. :lol:

That really makes me think twice about getting a mother...

you can always put a thin coat of devcon 2-ton over the bait and then when you get tooth marks do a thin fill on them. It works good for repairing hook rash or rock gouges. wood baits will have some wear on the toothy critters but with good care you can maintain them.

you can always put a thin coat of devcon 2-ton over the bait and then when you get tooth marks do a thin fill on them. It works good for repairing hook rash or rock gouges. wood baits will have some wear on the toothy critters but with good care you can maintain them.

For $400, I shouldn't have to do sh!t but fish it. ;)

For $400, I shouldn't have to do sh!t but fish it. ;)

:lol: The Mother is definitely a high maintenance bait and not for everyone. 100% worth it to me though ;)

im glad they cost alot, less people throwing the stuff I prefer to make for myself lol. Hell most guys wont dedicate theirselves to a 11oz + bait anyways. If it wears you out chuckin the big boys... hit the gym!!! :lol::lol::lol: i just take ibuprofin and a brew and call it good! :D

• 4 weeks later...