2024 goals

bassturds

For me actually getting back onto the water. To aid in my efforts I just procured a new Toothy Fishman XL Swimbait Lure Retriever. Although it's of the same mold as my old knocker the Toothy definitely beats the hell out of my old one

I've also will pair that up with a new scuba reel that will help deploy and retrieve it before I was having to do the process free hand so having to deploy and retrieve without some sort of equipment made it pretty tedious when getting a bait hung up. I'm super stoked on that new pairing

Another one would also have to be the megabass mega dog master that's going to find its way here eventually

IMG_20201008_59994.jpg

IMG_20201008_13379.jpg

20240105_132503.jpg

20240105_132455.jpg

Edited by Cristo

54 minutes ago, bassturds said:

WHAT A 30 lbs bag in a night! ID LOVE TO DO THAT!! It’s funny I don’t catch many fish when I catch a giant. I’ll get a 7 and that’s it. When I got my 8 that’s the 2nd fish I caught that day. But I couldn’t really breathe after I got my Pb cuz I was chasing it for so long! I got a 7-5 and 5 one day only 2 fish I caught no other fish. It’s either dinks and a good one  or just a biggon. 

See honestly I’ve found the opposite. If I catch one I usually can grind out another. The first that night was a 6+ and I told myself if I kept going I’d catch another. Ended up definitely being the case haha

35 minutes ago, Efrain said:

Buy less baits and use the ones I have not opened from previous years. Catch a calico bass on the tyrant 10

Definitely can agree with that with less baits and use the ones that are in the Arsenal already unopened or otherwise

Catch my first double digit largemouth.   

Have a trip planned in Feb to the best trophy lake in the state.   I also have plans to learn a new lake thats about  an hour and a half away with really good genetics.

Then fish the local stuff every chance I get.

2024 Goals: 

-Get my wife her first swimbait largemouth or smallmouth bass, and her PB. 
-Fish with my son and daughter more. 
-Definitely spend more time learning my “home waters”. 
- Dial in my electronics. 
-Learn and gain confidence in using glide baits effectively.(This one eludes me every season, but not this one).

More importantly hopefully, to meetup and fish with a few people I call “friends” even though we have not had the opportunity to meet face to face. Their support  has been invaluable over the past few seasons. 

Good luck to all of you &  SU Community in attaining your 2024 goals! Let’s support each other and help each of us reach them. 

Chris~~~

Edited by Mossyback Angler

8 hours ago, Warsaw said:

2024 Goals:

• Looking for a teener.
  • Need to beat 55lbs for top 5.
  • More than 5 DD’s for the year.
  • Single day of 50lbs.
  • 35 Fish over 8Lbs for the year.
  • Trailer my boat out of Florida and get giants in other states.

Damn where the hell do you live! 

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

Damn where the hell do you live! 

In Florida :) 

These were my final stats for 2023 that spurred my new years fishing resolutions.

• 33 fish over 7lbs: 13ea 7’s, 11ea 8’s, 5ea 9’s, 2ea 10’s, 1ea 11 & 1ea 12.
  • Best 5 went 53.55lbs
  • Best single bag went 42.85lbs.

13 minutes ago, Warsaw said:

In Florida :) 

These were my final stats for 2023 that spurred my new years fishing resolutions.

• 33 fish over 7lbs: 13ea 7’s, 11ea 8’s, 5ea 9’s, 2ea 10’s, 1ea 11 & 1ea 12.
  • Best 5 went 53.55lbs
  • Best single bag went 42.85lbs.

That’s incredible! I live in MA. Only caught 7 fish over 7 lbs in my life. Best bag I like 20 or so pounds