Squeaky glide bait fix?

JBean

Hey guys, are there any tips or tricks to quite down a glide bait? Have a couple old faithful's that have become really squeaky. I figured any lubricant will be washed off the first couple of casts. I thought maybe I could get a small flathead and try to tweak the pins but im afraid I will really mess them up. Does the noise even matter? Not sure if they are loud under water or just out of the water? I just know every time you move the tail out of the water they are metal on metal squeaking.

55.jpg

I've always heard for wake baits especially that the squeakier they get the better they are. Not sure if that's true or not.

I have some glides that are developing a squeak but it doesn't seem to affect them getting bit. I would imagine the only way to fix it were to be to constantly keep adding something like WD-40 to the joint. Not sure if that would be worth it.

Can try using some sort of bumper / silencer on the joint if it’s noisy hitting the body, I honestly wouldn’t mess with it just send it. And I wouldn’t use a flathead to tweak the pins could ruin the action of the bait and would need to be adjusted to get it to swim right again 

If you have dirty water even better to have it be a little noisier, clear water I would understand trying to silence it down a bit. The fish will tell you what they want ;-) 

Use a little grease stays on pretty good in water apply a little with a toothpick it won’t take much .I actually like the squeak some of my best fish catchers have a nice squeak.