What do you use for wind/rain forecasts?

aphaneuf16

Apple weather hasn’t been cutting for me as far as getting a good idea of wind/rain. Lead to a few annoying outings. Was wondering what weather apps guys use to try to get an idea of the day ahead.

*I realize there is no one app to do it and you can never get a perfect picture of the weather the day will bring, was hoping to get a few that I can check*

Thought this was gonna be a post about what baits to use in these conditions. I use the weather channel app. It seems to work okay. Nothing is ever going to be 100% accurate. 

7 hours ago, MurdaJ said:

My best results have come from holding my nose 6 inches off the soil at daylight. Adjust your pattern according to the barometric pressure, among the other usual factors, and catch some fatties 

I’ll make sure to implement this. 

Weather underground/the weather channel, apparently they are the same.  Also Windfinder.  Windfinder has been hugely helpful for wind forecasting.  The premium version gives you hourly wind forecasting which in my experience has been pretty darn accurate.  It has allowed me to plan/execute some really excellent pre-front trips while staying safe and dry.  Of course you always want to plan for the worst but so far Windfinder has been a real winner.

There are a bunch of apps that do similar things to Windfinder and from what I've heard their accuracy can vary based on location.  Try a few of them out and see which one works best for your area.

I second @Jim137a, the windy app is generally pretty accurate. Cross check what windy says with local weather stations and weather app on your phone n you’ll be set

windy app

Someone posted their log info on a socal site, as a thank you for posting information. 

It is pretty cool app. I hate the wind. 

WeatherBug for me just for the feature of it showing me immediate updates on the closest lightning strikes. I can tell if it and when it’s moving closer or further away. I don’t fuk with that stuff lol