American Made !

Nufo

Mickey,

Where did you learn to build and paint baits?

From Rago :lol: Who ever started that rumor thier mom is a "Not Allowed"!

Self taught, University of hard knocks! I worked alot of trades befor starting this company. I used to own a custom Harley shop. I custom built and painted bikes. I thought I was crazy cuz I couldn't hold on to a job more than a year. If you feel this way too, you should start your own business . Making baits never gets boring always something new to make.

I have made flies, jigs, cranks and some swimbaits. The swimbaits have been tough to learn and I am still terrible at painting. Your work always amazes me. Keep it up

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has come up a few times, Im not saying I have bills or payments to make because yes Im still a kid. But I worked through high school, I payed for my truck, boat, most of the gear myself.

My point was when you are looking at spending the $ on a bait you want it to perform obviously, but sometimes the videos/reviews are not always available. Example, the Born Again. There wasnt a video at the time, just some pictures with big fish and a recommendation from a friend. Turns out to be one of my favorite baits to fish[/quote

I said no pun. Trust me your view will change in a few years.I know your a good kid so I didn't imply anything else...

Just clearing the air is all. Expect some pics in the next month :)

Wow, this has been an awesome thread! And I hope to get my hands on one of the new sport model 10inch Freestyles when they come out , along with some of the other newer stuff. Thank You and Rina for all your hard work, pretty much every question I wanted to know the answer to has been answered. That new 10 inch swims great!

A couple questions that I don't think have been asked, do you plan on making the new 10 inch Freestyles in the same sink rates as the older ones, and how many colors possibly for the first batch? Will it be the same price? And will the "Hate Bait " ever be produced?

Love the mission fish. That bait is what started it all for me too.love those things. Guys get some if you dont have any. Thanks again Quintin.

Thank you to Quintin, that was the first bait I ever made. Still one of my favorites.

Mission fish and the bluegill were the first two swimbaits I ever fished. Have always loved the mighty minnow too. Those baits got me into the soft swimbaits including hudds and Matt gills. First hard swimbait I ever fished and still one of my top 3 favorite baits is a perch baby wake. Love those baits.

It wasn't a single bait, I bought 3 of them without ever seeing video and the total was 200. They were the old 3 piece bull shade and they weren't anything like what I expected. He was nice and he has completely redone his baits since then, but haven't bought one of the new ones. I really wish i had detailed video of the baits action in the water before buying them.

I aint even gonna touch that one, RANDAL...................

Well since Mickey asked. :D Mike was selling those three section baits just on hype from all his bait pimps. I was personally given one of the three section baits and told Mike the tail was locking up on it the first time I tried it. It would only swim right on about half the casts. After using it and it only producing one or two fish for me I told Mike that bait was junk and told him what he should do and what was needed. He said he could build it and would have me one soon.

He then produced a bait which was his second generation designed like I told him which is the bait I caught fish on. I helped him because I needed baits for clients since I was guiding 300+ days a year. Only thing was I got a couple hand picked baits but when my guide clients and freinds went to the store they got junk baits that broke in half, rolled etc. When I found this out I started questioning Mike and people who bought his baits. About half the people who could actually catch enough swimbait fish to really test the bait were breaking them. Mike told every single one of them they were the only person it ever happened to. I got upset since I had told these people to go get the baits. I even have a buddy who last time he looked has his photo on Mike's website with fish he sent to Mike to show Mike why he was breaking baits. He never gave Mike permission to post those photos but they remain on Mike's site to this day as far as I know to try to get you to think he was happy with his baits and was catching big fish on them. That's how Mike is. He uses people anyway he can as long as it benefits Mike. So, I decided to start making my own baits from my own design.

Mike's current baits are nothing but a knock off of my old shad bait. It's just has a bunch of part time pimps pimping it with no proof of anything. Mike has lost access to his shockboat fish he was getting to pimp his baits so you will not see nothing but a bunch of schooling fish and easy to catch fish from him on video unless someone else puts him on fish. He is good at milking info from and using others for his own gain. Tell that fool you want to see some more of those big Allatoona fish he used to show when he could get them from the shockboat.

You want real video of that type of bait. It's coming to the Underground ASAP. I have already shot eight hours of film one day this month with 2 20lb+ limits caught on camera cast to catch in one day. The lake it was shot on has pretty much only taken 7-14lbs to win every tournament on the lake for the past two months other than one my partner and myself blew out with my swimbaits which is listed down in the "got um" section. I went to film after a bad front passed with only 12v electric power on a 3600 acre lake just to prove a point. Going to shoot video one more day this week with a better boat to move around so there is no telling what we will catch. One thing for sure it will be 100% cast to catch, no schoolers, no private lakes, no easy to catch fish, and no bed fish with a hard bait hanging from thier mouth. Something the Bull Shad bait pimps and Tackle Tour can't seem to produce.

It wasn't a single bait, I bought 3 of them without ever seeing video and the total was 200. They were the old 3 piece bull shade and they weren't anything like what I expected. He was nice and he has completely redone his baits since then, but haven't bought one of the new ones. I really wish i had detailed video of the baits action in the water before buying them.

I aint even gonna touch that one, RANDAL...................

Well since Mickey asked. :D Mike was selling those three section baits just on hype from all his bait pimps. I was personally given one of the three section baits and told Mike the tail was locking up on it the first time I tried it. It would only swim right on about half the casts. After using it and it only producing one or two fish foir me I told Mike that bait was junk and told him what he should do and what was needed. He said he could build it and would have me one soon.

He then produced a bait which was his second generation designed like I told him which is the bait I caught fish on. I helped him because I needed baits for clients since I was guiding 300+ days a year. Only thing was I got a couple hand picked baits but when my guide clients and freinds went to the store they got junk baits that broke in half, rolled etc. When I found this out I started questioning Mike and people who bought his baits. About half the people who could actually catch enough swimbait fish to really test the bait were breaking them. Mike told every single one of them they were the only person it ever happened to. I got upset since I had told these people to go get the baits. I even have a buddy who last time he looked has his photo on Mike's website with fish he sent to Mike to show Mike why he was breaking baits. He never gave Mike permission to post those photos but they remain on Mike's site to this day as far as I know to try to get you to think he was happy with his baits and was catching big fish on them. That's how Mike is. He uses people anyway he can as long as it benefits Mike. So, I decided to start making my own baits from my own design.

Mike's current baits are nothing but a knock off of my old shad bait. It's just has a bunch of part time pimps pimping it with no proof of anything. Mike has lost access to his shockboat fish he was getting to pimp his baits so you will not see nothing but a bunch of schooling fish and easy to catch fish from him on video unless someone else puts him on fish. He is good at milking info from and using others for his own gain. Tell that fool you want to see some more of those big Allatoona fish he used to show when he could get them from the shockboat.

You want real video of that type of bait. It's coming to the Underground ASAP. I have already shot eight hours of film one day this month with 2 20lb+ limits caught on camera cast to catch in one day. The lake it was shot on has pretty much only taken 7-14lbs to win every tournament on the lake for the past two months other than one my partner and myself blew out with my swimbaits which is listed down in the "got um" section. I went to film after a bad front passed with only 12v electric power on a 3600 acre lake just to prove a point. Going to shoot video one more day this week with a better boat to move around so there is no telling what we will catch. One thing for sure it will be 100% cast to catch, no schoolers, no private lakes, no easy to catch fish, and no bed fish with a hard bait hanging from thier mouth. Something the Bull Shad bait pimps and Tackle Tour can't seem to produce.

Back then there was no other shad baits and i bought them just for that which was a mistake I have some freestyle shad now and love them. There are a few choices for shad baits now.

This is a great tread, not just for the fact that Mickey has taken the time to do this, which is appreciated, but also to hear parts of everyone else's experiences. So, thanks Mickey and thanks everyone else.

Mickey, I gotta say your baits have changed the way I fished. I love the outdoors, and every extra minute I have, you can count on me being either on the water or hanging from a tree. My wife tells me I'm obsessive, but it's just the way I'm wired. I always want the best and biggest. This goes for my baits, my bows, my bass and my bucks.

So back to the subject. In my opinion, your baits are the best, and I can't get enough. Not only do I fish with them, but I have also been collecting them. It is obvious the attention you pay to these baits. So.....THANK YOU! I have never had more fun than I do now chucking your baits. Keep it up my man!

The questions I wanted to ask have already been asked, I just want to thank you for taking the time to do this and for taking the two years it took you to get the wake jr. right, that is by far the best bait I own. I say that right now probably because i haven't given the freestyles enough time cause i know i can stick fish with that wake Jr. Can't wait for the bigger one. Thanks again