Show us your boat

Nufo

Thanks, man!  I love it! I get on to all kinds of little lakes out here in the south, Public and private.  Lakes that have big ones.  My PB came in that boat from a private 400 acre trout stocked lake (where I do most of my big bait fishing)  Before I got the Ranger, I used to enter into the big boat tournaments and win em out of the little jon boat!  It can get super shallow where the glass boat can't!  It is really a great boat!  That's an old photo too.  I have two 12v 55 lb minn kotas on the back and then an 24v 80 lb minn kota on the front.  Humminbird 1199 with functional side imaging, Power pole micro. Livewells are stellar...Never lost a fish in the well.  Seriously more pounds of fish per dollar spent out of that boat than any other boat i've owned.   

Thanks, man!  I love it! I get on to all kinds of little lakes out here in the south, Public and private.  Lakes that have big ones.  My PB came in that boat from a private 400 acre trout stocked lake (where I do most of my big bait fishing)  Before I got the Ranger, I used to enter into the big boat tournaments and win em out of the little jon boat!  It can get super shallow where the glass boat can't!  It is really a great boat!  That's an old photo too.  I have two 12v 55 lb minn kotas on the back and then an 24v 80 lb minn kota on the front.  Humminbird 1199 with functional side imaging, Power pole micro. Livewells are stellar...Never lost a fish in the well.  Seriously more pounds of fish per dollar spent out of that boat than any other boat i've owned.

Absolutely love the look of your rig Dave...What's the make/model of it and can it comfortably hold two people? I fish with my brother from an old, leaking aluminum rowboat and we're in dire need of an upgrade lol

Absolutely love the look of your rig Dave...What's the make/model of it and can it comfortably hold two people? I fish with my brother from an old, leaking aluminum rowboat and we're in dire need of an upgrade lol

It's a 2008 14 ft alumacraft flat bottom Jon boat. Really just a regular old Jon boat but added wood decking,

carpet, built in live well system, 5 batteries supporting two electrical systems(one for the back two trolling motors and one for the front. With a little planning and elbow grease, you could build out the same set up. It fishes two perfectly. Each person has their own deck. I've had two limits of fish in the wells. It's will go about 5 mph and I have never lost juice even after fishing all day due to the way I have the batteries set up. The two trolling motors in the back are locked down in the forward direction and are connected to a foot switch at the front where I can turn them on and off. I use them only to move longer distances. The front trolling motor gets the most use and acts as the main steering. When I fish this boat, my line is in the water at a much higher percentage than when I'm running around in the Ranger. I think there is something to that as I have some of my best sacks weighed out of that boat. It's forces you to fish more thoroughly by limiting your option to pick up and run across the lake. A fun and unique boat that I will keep and maintain as long as I can. Glad you like it!

It's a 2008 14 ft alumacraft flat bottom Jon boat. Really just a regular old Jon boat but added wood decking,

carpet, built in live well system, 5 batteries supporting two electrical systems(one for the back two trolling motors and one for the front. With a little planning and elbow grease, you could build out the same set up. It fishes two perfectly. Each person has their own deck. I've had two limits of fish in the wells. It's will go about 5 mph and I have never lost juice even after fishing all day due to the way I have the batteries set up. The two trolling motors in the back are locked down in the forward direction and are connected to a foot switch at the front where I can turn them on and off. I use them only to move longer distances. The front trolling motor gets the most use and acts as the main steering. When I fish this boat, my line is in the water at a much higher percentage than when I'm running around in the Ranger. I think there is something to that as I have some of my best sacks weighed out of that boat. It's forces you to fish more thoroughly by limiting your option to pick up and run across the lake. A fun and unique boat that I will keep and maintain as long as I can. Glad you like it!

Have I seen your rig running around cedar creek reservoir? Seems like i remember seeing a rig just like yours.  

Edited by ferrulewax

Have I seen your rig running around cedar creek reservoir? Seems like i remember seeing a rig just like yours.

It's possible! Used to fish the Small Water Angler Teams (S.W.A.T) Jon boat club and fished a couple club tournaments on cedar creek. You fish out there much? There are a load of smaller (800 acres or less) lakes all over Georgia that are healthy and have quality fish in them that this boat is perfect for.... like Cedar Creek.