LDCs.........................

TacklemanTybs

so if you guys had to pick two rods to fish all the baits out there would you pick the MH and the XH or the H and the XH? or is it possible to cover all the baits with two rods? I have an XH on the way and am thinking about ordering one more but can't decide if I can cut out all my other rods with one more or not. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You're crazy Jason, I'm thinking about getting 2 of each LDC :lol::lol: No way I could live with just 2 rods unless it's in the crawdad. I would think you'd be better off with the H and the XH as it's better to be overpowered on some baits than underpowered IMO

I almost exclusively fish out of a small pontoon boat so three rods is a lot, I do it now but I can't afford to buy two more LDC's right now so thought if I could only have two would it be possible to replace my other two with one. SOunds like I should just get a second and hold out to get the third.

so if you guys had to pick two rods to fish all the baits out there would you pick the MH and the XH or the H and the XH? or is it possible to cover all the baits with two rods? I have an XH on the way and am thinking about ordering one more but can't decide if I can cut out all my other rods with one more or not. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You're crazy Jason, I'm thinking about getting 2 of each LDC :lol::lol: No way I could live with just 2 rods unless it's in the crawdad. I would think you'd be better off with the H and the XH as it's better to be overpowered on some baits than underpowered IMO

I almost exclusively fish out of a small pontoon boat so three rods is a lot, I do it now but I can't afford to buy two more LDC's right now so thought if I could only have two would it be possible to replace my other two with one. SOunds like I should just get a second and hold out to get the third.

Collect the whole set! :D Wish I had more experience with mine to help you out. Just got a production MH and H last Friday and so far I love them. I took them out Saturday and I can say that the H seemed to handle a hudd, L nezumma, and 10" TT very well. I was a lot more accurate throwing the hudd with the LDC H than with my Loomis 966, but I caught the only fish I caught that day with my 966, go figure :oops: I didn't really strain the MH too much, just threw a home made 68 and 7-8" TT's with it. Can't wait to stick some fish with them and post up some pics and maybe some videos.

I fish the customs for all baits. The h custom is a moderate taper comparatively, so I fish smaller hard baits on that. However, I'm not into the whole "sweep the rod" on the hookset deal. I recently snapped 20lb Ande (unheard of) on the hookset to give you an idea of my style. I could fish a 6xhook and still get penetration, but I fish an st36 or st56 and have 0 problems. The st41s I have to sweep on, because they act similar to a circle hook. That's why i don't fish em. As long as the hook is straight, I have no problem jacking fish on any stiff rod, but if you are fishing st41s, you may want a more limber rod.

Hole that makes sense, its hard to keep a train of thought on a phone lol.

I am thinking that having a Production H and an Production XH will be the way to go for now, since I am leaning toward throwing bigger baits this year and getting away from the smaller stuff. We will just have to see, now I have to convince the wife it is a good idea to buy another rod. Thanks for all the help guys.

I must set hard or something too cuz I lost so many dang fish on those 41's a few years ago. I have heard the same from a couple "big name" :lol::lol: local pros I make baits for round here too. I dont see why; they look like a good hook, kinda baffles me. Im a gammy guy but the 36's work if I want a short shank hook.

I am thinking that having a Production H and an Production XH will be the way to go for now, since I am leaning toward throwing bigger baits this year and getting away from the smaller stuff. We will just have to see, now I have to convince the wife it is a good idea to buy another rod. Thanks for all the help guys.

Just tell her you are helping out the american economy as well as a fellow american by supporting a product that is hand made in the USA. Dont forget to wave your flag while you tell her. :D

Just tell her you are helping out the american economy as well as a fellow american by supporting a product that is hand made in the USA. Dont forget to wave your flag while you tell her. :D

I know if I tried that excuse, my wife wouldn't let me "wave my flag" anywhere near her for a while. :lol:

I dont know, its pretty long. Longer than any of my other swimbait rods. PM Ben. It seemed way too long till I used it, then I found out my views on rods are all wrong. I am gonna be out fishing friday, saturday, sunday, monday.... :D you can check mine out if you can get out to BI