CL8 Bait: Possum now up on website

oprcsr

I re-read this and was getting excited that Mickey is making a mini-pitbull bait. Will it have four moving legs? Also, you could use small raccoon traps for the mouth...that would seriously F-up some bass........ ;)8-):lol::lol:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is crap. Taking the money and then spitting out the bait. Don't you think quality will suffer if you have a few 100 people order your bait and then have to pump them out to please the masses? Once you pay for the product it should ship. It is simple as that.

I dont understand this. Why would you think that? Mickey just did a pre order and Im sure the baits will be flawless.

Thanks for showing me this bait guys. Ill have to get one and give it a try.

That is crap. Taking the money and then spitting out the bait. Don't you think quality will suffer if you have a few 100 people order your bait and then have to pump them out to please the masses? Once you pay for the product it should ship. It is simple as that.

I dont understand this. Why would you think that? Mickey just did a pre order and Im sure the baits will be flawless.

I know the quality of the work Mickey produces and already owning one wake made me want another. I have no idea the quality of the cl8 baits other than the comments on the Underground. I have not held a cl8 in my hands mainly because IMO they look like crap. I decided to give the giant possum a shot and it will get on the water this weekend. Who knows it might win me over, but before I shell out $ to a relative unknown baitmaker (to me) I need to know more. From knocking off baits, electroshocking fish, and posing with with fish with swimbaits hanging out of their mouth caught on other lures I have learned that people in this industry will do anything to make a buck. Over the 5-6 years I have been swimbaiting I have learned rep is everything and to say that their is a lot of shadiness going on is an understatement.

I know the quality of the work Mickey produces and already owning one wake made me want another. I have no idea the quality of the cl8 baits other than the comments on the Underground. I have not held a cl8 in my hands mainly because IMO they look like crap. I decided to give the giant possum a shot and it will get on the water this weekend. Who knows it might win me over, but before I shell out $ to a relative unknown baitmaker (to me) I need to know more. From knocking off baits, electroshocking fish, and posing with with fish with swimbaits hanging out of their mouth caught on other lures I have learned that people in this industry will do anything to make a buck. Over the 5-6 years I have been swimbaiting I have learned rep is everything and to say that their is a lot of shadiness going on is an understatement.

I own a few of his bait and they hold up and to me look great. Im sure there is people that havent fished Mickey's baits also but I dont think that would stop them from doing pre orders. The swimbait crowd is very small and makers of baits know if they scrtew someone it will spread like fire.

Im not brand loyal to anyone and will fish anything that catches fish. I dont know why some rag on other bait makers if they know nothing about their baits.

I own a few of his bait and they hold up and to me look great. Im sure there is people that havent fished Mickey's baits also but I dont think that would stop them from doing pre orders. The swimbait crowd is very small and makers of baits know if they scrtew someone it will spread like fire.

Im not brand loyal to anyone and will fish anything that catches fish. I dont know why some rag on other bait makers if they know nothing about their baits.

Well I have a possum coming this way. It and the mouse are the only baits in the lineup that look good to me. Perhaps it will become a personal favorite, but we are sitting at 16 pages and 3+ months since this thread was first started and no possum fish pics?

I'm working on making them click to buy, so no wait.

Just installed some more dryers to up production speed ;)

You mean he helped you drill em in? :lol::lol::lol:

You could've been fishing today man ;)

Geoff

Tell him bro!

Special order Crankdown baby possum.

001kpj.jpg

By cjtoad at 2012-06-14

[ I own a few of his bait and they hold up and to me look great. Im sure there is people that havent fished Mickey's baits also but I dont think that would stop them from doing pre orders. The swimbait crowd is very small and makers of baits know if they scrtew someone it will spread like fire.

Pretty much sums it up bro...F*ck the brand loyalty bullshit and dick riding. Options, thats the key here. You dont like it, dont fish it. You havent fished it personally dont really have room to say ish IMO. Just because it aint talked about dont mean it isnt producing. Not to mention options are limited in the "rat department." Someone have a better alternative that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or is impossible to find im all ears? "Dont worry....I'll wait." I got one Steve and I plan on putting this thread to rest. We need to hook up man. Stay tuned boys. 8-)

Not to mention options are limited in the "rat department." Someone have a better alternative that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or is impossible to find im all ears?

:shock: I might know somebody.... :twisted: stayed tuned for that ish!

F*ck the brand loyalty bullshit and dick riding.

POW! Right on the spot bro. People need to stop hating on baits that they've never used that can and have produced fish. Hell, my Deps Realiser caught a 48lb striper.

F*ck the brand loyalty bullshit and dick riding.

POW! Right on the spot bro. People need to stop hating on baits that they've never used that can and have produced fish. Hell, my Deps Realiser caught a 48lb striper.

ish like this cracks me up..all everyone is saying is "the bait looks good"

"i think it will...."

screw all that bullshit! post some pics I have seen one pick of that bait catching fish,how many 3:16 pics/videos is there?

why I love the underground is cuz we put up or we stfu!

so until someone starts posting pics of the possum poking fish its jus a bait that"looks like it works"

alot of talk round this biatch,i wanna see some action!

Not to mention options are limited in the "rat department." Someone have a better alternative that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or is impossible to find im all ears?

:shock: I might know somebody.... :twisted: stayed tuned for that ish!

I'm all about rat options.

Tell them to get ish moving. :lol:

My first time doing a preorder.................. promise I will never do it again. Feels wierd sitting on money you haven't earned! Trust me............... I was praying like no tomorrow(I mean it too!) that these things do you guys justice!

I'm sorry you felt wierd sitting on all that money Mickey but just consider it a down payment on limited edition stuff. I put a sizable amount of money down on a rod that I didn't see for a few months and it was nothing. Just part of the deal. It's no big deal to us. Bummed that it wont happen again but thank you for trying it.

My first time doing a preorder.................. promise I will never do it again. Feels wierd sitting on money you haven't earned! Trust me............... I was praying like no tomorrow(I mean it too!) that these things do you guys justice!

I'm sorry you felt wierd sitting on all that money Mickey but just consider it a down payment on limited edition stuff. I put a sizable amount of money down on a rod that I didn't see for a few months and it was nothing. Just part of the deal. It's no big deal to us. Bummed that it wont happen again but thank you for trying it.

+1 Can't thank you enough Mickey for the opportunity! Can't speak for everyone, but no problem giving you money up front, I knew it was in good hands. :D

As far as the possum, hope the bass around here bite the damn thing eventually :lol: If anything maybe one of them will "kill it before it reproduces" as my dad always says :lol: