bed monster advice

Loganodum38

so in one of my honey holes ive found a bed that at first glance had a male that i assumed was 5ish and a female i assumed 8ish.  once they see you they both take off to deep water, after about 3 minutes the male will come back but the female Never comes back for at least an hour.  well i figured id never catch the female but figured id try to catch the 5. used everything i had and finally got him on a 8" hudd. well once i flipped him in, he wasnt no 5lber lol he went 7.4.  my first thought was OMG i just flipped a 7+lb lol. then it hit me.  i thought the male was 5ish. he turned out to be 7.4.  and the female was much bigger.  she has GOT TO BE atleast 10. roughly 3-4 inches longer and much fatter but i feel like i have absolutely no shot at catching her since any splash or even if i cast 50 yards past her and creep a hudd as slow as possible, as soon as she sees it shes gone.  i even tried dead twitching topwater, no luck she still takes off.  i even resulted to using conventional tackle and still no luck, same deal she takes off.  hit moral rock bottom and tried a live shiner, she still takes off.  so i have my dream DD (PB is 8.55) literally right infront of me and seems impossible to catch. any advice will help, im desperate. shes been on that bed since February so i feel like my time is closing fast. ive tried night and day fishing and no luck with either 

Catch the male to get him off for a bit. Then throw your Huff and drag into on to the bed and just leave it there for an hour until she comes back.

No clue if that would work but would be the only way to try not to spook her. If she’s spooked by a huff being there, no chance you’ll catch her off the bed. Better off trying to time her feeding right.

Good luck. I don’t bed fish but I think I’d have to if I saw a DD lol

These comments are hilarious lol. I’d like to add, forget the female and catch the 7.4 like 30 times a day with different baits, getting pictures each time and brag yourself up for having the most epic day imaginable hahaha!

Serious note...if she’s spooking with every cast, I would try a matts u2 gill or other tiny bait. Drop dead center in the bed, back wayyyyyy off, stripping out line and wait hours until that line moves. Just let it sit there and don’t move it. Use scent on it too