What Knots Do You Tie For Big Swimbaits On Floro?

Caleb B

I recently casted off a deps 250 and a hinkle trout due to my knots failing I tie a Palomar which I know isn’t the best for floro but up until now it has never failed me I am really interested to see what others tie for big swimbaits 

Btw I use Seaguar Tatsu so the line wasn’t the issue :)

I’ve always used the improved clinch knot with 7 wraps around the main line and wet it thoroughly. It has always been consistent for me on my Berkley Trilene and the tatsu as well. 

Sorry about your Hinkle and deps. I know that must have hurt

I've heard it's not the best knot for flouro but I have had 0 issues with a palomar. Ever. With swimbaits, flipping, cranking anything. I also understand that your confidence in it is shaken, and that can be as bad as anything. I think there are some good suggestions listed above. Find one that you are confident in tying and fishing. Then give em hell. 

Honestly there are a lot of good options and for the most part they all work pretty well. I would suggest tying a few different ones multiple times and testing them each and then just find one you like and feel confident in. 

Best of luck and tight lines Caleb