Exposing Mike Long

shaneo

27 minutes ago, deaknh said:

my point exactly, 9 pages of stories and hearsay. The only real thing i read in the entire article was that mike posed for a pic with someone else's fish and claimed it as his own. he speculates a lot, he thinks mike stored fish in bags, he thinks mike was keeping fish at his house for tournaments. The video shows a guy bed fishing with swings and misses, pretty sure that video would show the same thing if he stalked and filmed a lot of us. No actual proof, just speculation and hearsay. Im not saying mike is innocent or guilty, but I'm not basing any thoughts on this story that literally carries no water.

Good job reading the entire article. Most folks don't do that. Actually, his torney partners say he cheated but they have had  rolling confessions (very late) which usually  means they were in it too if it happened imo.  So it was phrased like I didn't see him reeling in a dead one or taking one off of from a tied tree as suggested cuz I was casting on the bow. Haha.  

Edited by bigpoppabass

23 minutes ago, deaknh said:

my point exactly, 9 pages of stories and hearsay. The only real thing i read in the entire article was that mike posed for a pic with someone else's fish and claimed it as his own. he speculates a lot, he thinks mike stored fish in bags, he thinks mike was keeping fish at his house for tournaments. The video shows a guy bed fishing with swings and misses, pretty sure that video would show the same thing if he stalked and filmed a lot of us. No actual proof, just speculation and hearsay. Im not saying mike is innocent or guilty, but I'm not basing any thoughts on this story that literally carries no water.

If I didn't catch a fish I wouldn't claim it as my own, there's no satsifaction in that! The guy steals  his buddies fish to claim he got an 18lber and Lake Record, only confesses when he gets caught. A man's action speaks for himself.!!! He's a Liar!!!!! Guilty as charged, he's lost his credibility!!!!

As much as im trying not to take sides, If you watched the video he is obviously snagging fish. No questions about that, you can tell its a treble hook not being used in regular bass catching tactics. Its so dissapointing, ive spent hours looking at his vids

The article is well written and coherent, I grew up in SD and there was controversy on the cuyamaca fish (spelling) at that time. And a fish that large out of a non stocked lake he didn’t fish often....  and the undisputed fact he took a picture of someone else’s fish and claimed it. That video though.. you can’t deny that’s snagging. If I had that much thought that a pivotal person was doing that I would film him too. Glad it’s out but also bummed that they weren’t on swimbaits because that was what we all were trying for.

I wouldn't say that's looks like snagging  to me. Dragging trebles and violently ripping the water would be a "yeah no doubt snagging" but what he's doing and from a distance doesnt prove guilt in my eyes. He maybe looking for a reaction strike. Idk dont care really but until the videos more "clear cut" he's still Mike long to me.

It's pretty clearly snagging fish to me. You can clearly see where a couple of those fish were hooked which wasn't even remotely close to the mouth. It's disgusting to me and makes me sick, swimbait fishing is tough and that's what makes it fun for me personally, it's a challenge each and every time I hit the water. There's no guarantee that you're going to catch a fish every outing and if it was that way it'd be nice but some of us wouldn't be doing it because at that point just toss a drop-shot around all day. It makes me mad to think of everybody that looked up to him like he was a guru, like of Butch Brown caliber, who is still "the doctor", and all the sponsorships who were also mislead. Pains me to see fish of that caliber because those were obviously really nice fish being treated like that. Those fish were completely foul hooked and left out of water for minutes at a time to take some bogus picture so that he could boost his ego and brand. Another thing that looks super incriminating to me is how he's reeling in each of those fish, as if not to make a disturbance or sound because someone might come over/look over and see what he's doing. He's playing with those fish keeping the rod tip in the water to not cause any suspicion. As far as my opinion goes Mike Long is a no good piece of garbage for all of this and I have zero respect for what he did to everyone and affected and all those trophy fish that he has brutalized over the years. 

2 hours ago, BigBaiter said:

For me the only proof a fish was caught on a certain lure, following the rules is a cast 2 catch footage.  

To me, this is the nail in his coffin. Lacking  cast to catch for a reason right? But he had no problem show boating those snags to a camera. 

I’m wondering.......

Did Mr Long snag with ST36 Stingers or did he go all out with some Decoy Quads? Always thought this no cast to catch hack was suspect.

SUSPECTS?........

Terrible ish, this is a bad moment for the entire bass fishing community. Acknowledge a human with low morals, and we must move on.

If the lakes in Ft. Worth look like the lakes in Dallas, I understand the confusion. When the lakes are murky, blindly ripping the water makes total sense. I see guys gar fishing do it all the time.

Having just moved to Tx from California, his sweeping hookset does not discount what he is really doing. When you can see the fish and your white bait 20 feet down, you don’t need to thrash to accomplish the task. This is not fishing.

I still want to know how the author knew it was a Mister Twister grub and not some other brand. There are literally thousands of makers of those things.;-)

1 hour ago, Sb slayer said:

If the lakes in Ft. Worth look like the lakes in Dallas, I understand the confusion. When the lakes are murky, blindly ripping the water makes total sense. I see guys gar fishing do it all the time.

Having just moved to Tx from California, his sweeping hookset does not discount what he is really doing. When you can see the fish and your white bait 20 feet down, you don’t need to thrash to accomplish the task. This is not fishing.

I still want to know how the author knew it was a Mister Twister grub and not some other brand. There are literally thousands of makers of those things.;-)

Hates gonna hate, lovers gonna love, smokers are gonna smoke. I’m sure more will come out in the future to put some questions to bed, and raise more, before we reach a definitive conclusion. But for now.... it doesn’t look good for Mikey. 

Edited by Texasfishn

Anyone can believe what they want and interpret however they like of what's seen in the video. But I thought it was pretty clear at one point it's zoomed in on his rig and there's a treble hook rigged to his drop shot. 

There's no reason for a treble hook on that rig other than for snagging. 

As for the article, he names people and quotes them. It's ballsy to do that and lie or exaggerate. So if the author is exaggerating or lying about those quotes the truth will come to light soon enough. 

I think when so many people are saying similar things about him, there's gotta be some truth to it. If I were in his position though, I wouldn't delete my social media after the article. I'd address it if I was innocent. 

I dont remember the exact numbers, but it's really suspicious that he was in like 35 tournaments and has won or placed like 28 of them by himself. His whole tournament career just sounds shady as heck 

To me, it don't look too good for Mike