Official 2020 Grassroots Bait Swap Thread

chefchris

Did a little re-design on my 3 piece wake. Thickened the body a bit, added scales, new tail, new facial details etc. 

Printing mold positives right now for some silicone molds. Hopefully can pour some resin by Sunday. Also planning on molding / pouring my rat this weekend, which I didn't make any changes to. I imagine i'll probably have to adjust my scales where the hooks will likely catch. We'll see. 

Only printed half the head (pictured) to see if the printer was going to be able to handle doing the scales etc

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.26.11 AM.png

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

17 hours ago, RayRe said:

Did a little re-design on my 3 piece wake. Thickened the body a bit, added scales, new tail, new facial details etc. 

Printing mold positives right now for some silicone molds. Hopefully can pour some resin by Sunday. Also planning on molding / pouring my rat this weekend, which I didn't make any changes to. I imagine i'll probably have to adjust my scales where the hooks will likely catch. We'll see. 

Only printed half the head (pictured) to see if the printer was going to be able to handle doing the scales etc

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.26.11 AM.png

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

Looks good! I wish there was an easier way to do the scales, very cool. 

Progress is looking great so far, gentlemen! Here's the bait I'm wanting to enter: http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57662-85-trout-glideswimmer-project/

Bait will measure around 8.5-8.75 inches long. Hoping to make it into a glide, but I've had terrible luck getting glides to swim the way I want them to so we'll have to wait and see. This carve cost me a trip to the hospital and a handful of stitches, so I'm really hoping it will redeem itself by swimming awesome haha

Just finished carving up/pegging the pelvic and pectoral fins. After finishing the rest of the fins it's on to sanding the whole thing down one last time and then scaling.

20200119_164228-01.thumb.jpeg.7cdb9dbc28648c9a34326b230546faa0.jpeg

41 minutes ago, danthefisherman said:

Progress is looking great so far, gentlemen! Here's the bait I'm wanting to enter: http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57662-85-trout-glideswimmer-project/

Bait will measure around 8.5-8.75 inches long. Hoping to make it into a glide, but I've had terrible luck getting glides to swim the way I want them to so we'll have to wait and see. This carve cost me a trip to the hospital and a handful of stitches, so I'm really hoping it will redeem itself by swimming awesome haha

Just finished carving up/pegging the pelvic and pectoral fins. After finishing the rest of the fins it's on to sanding the whole thing down one last time and then scaling.

20200119_164228-01.thumb.jpeg.7cdb9dbc28648c9a34326b230546faa0.jpeg

Oh myyyyy. Awesome work dan!

1 hour ago, azsouth said:

@BrhodesBassin I was not sure what to do... meaning you hit the nail on the head! I have several different baits I am working on also.

I was thinking a poll of the participants which bait to put up for the swap?

@chefchris let the boss make the decision/ruling? 

Your call man, they’re your baits so I’d go with whatever you get the best response on or what bait you have the most confidence in, or if you can’t decide give the option, whatever works best for you at the end of the day works for everyone