40% off Dobyns Rods, what what what?

rcjoutdoors

3 hours ago, Bay Arean said:

Anywhere use the 806 LH for treble baits? What do you think is the real max. It says up to 8oz

In all honesty I feel comfortable throwing half that weight. I can't imagine throwing any more than my Wade Hoggs (4oz) with that rod.

15 minutes ago, jiggerjake said:

In all honesty I feel comfortable throwing half that weight. I can't imagine throwing any more than my Wade Hoggs (4oz) with that rod.

Same here 

3 hours ago, jiggerjake said:
7 hours ago, Bay Arean said:

Anywhere use the 806 LH for treble baits? What do you think is the real max. It says up to 8oz

I picked up the Fury 806 as my first swimbait rod at the Classic as Spro was handing out 8in BBZ-1s in SS and I thought it was finally time to get one. Weighed on food scale a 1oz tungsten and the BBZ weighed in at 5.8oz and messing around with it I feel the rod can handle 6oz with 2-4 being the sweet spot of the rod. I do cast this upper end of the range like Matt Allen suggest throwing heavier swimbaits however. 

6 hours ago, BOZ said:

anybody get shipping confirmation?

I haven't gotten anything from sportsman yet, but I did get a notification through Fedex that mine shipped. It's supposed to be here Monday. I highly recommend signing up for their delivery manager.