SU member SURFK9 (Michel) has passed away

waynem

In my opinion he was always the most positive guy on the forum. We could all learn him and enjoy the whole reason for not only the purpose of this forum but the purpose of the sport some of us think too deep about. Just get out there and fish and not worry about bait rod etc. just enjoy life while we have it. Cancer sucks and seems to always hit hardest the people who “deserve” it for lack of better terms the least. Prayers to his family. Wayne if you’re able to ask his wife if we are able to help in any way, that would be great. I’d love to be able to contribute to a raffle or what not for his funeral expenses.

Wow, this is horrible news. Michel was one of a kind, living his dreams to the fullest with the time he had left. Hell be miss. I got this bait off of him a while back and all the fishes will be dedicated twords him and his love ones. GO FISH!

15869246620231707186227466099290.jpg

Michel always did his best to keep his head up and push forward even in tough times. His presence here on SU was nothing but positive, and I'm glad for this space where he was able to share his love for fishing and baitmaking with the rest of us. He will be missed and our deepest condolences to his wife, family, and fishing buddies...GO FISH!!

That is so terrible to read....  @waynem if you happen to contact his wife again or hear of anything in terms of a way to make a contribution to his family or a foundation or anything on his behalf i'm ready and willing to help however i may.  I'll gladly offer up a prized bait or something for a raffle as well to raise some funds for the family if that's a possibility right now.  

That said, this afternoon i'll do as he'd wished and just GO FISH!

So sorry to hear of Michel's passing. I kinda worried when I hadn't seen him active here for a bit, he was always such a positive light and energy. Condolences to his wife and family. I'd be happy to contribute to a raffle for costs as well if it arises. Go Fish!!

Oh man.   My thoughts are with his family.  I always liked seeing Go Fish! On his posts.  I remember the post, and as it was very sad I remember how positive he was with everything.   Michel Go Fish with some of the great ones!