Monofilament

WaterWolf44

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:00 PM, Grizzn n bassin said:

Big game for sure I’ve used it for 10+ years fishing for stripers and swimbaits. Not once have i have had doubts when I’m fishing with mono 

same, i use 20-80lb for all my leaders for years without an issues, cheap and readily available. 

always like momoi blue diamond but became impossible to find. 

p line cxx is my other choice 

On 9/29/2020 at 7:32 AM, swimbaitrookie said:

I've been a fan of McCoys mean green mono for a long, long time.  I use 25lb for my moving baits and topwaters, spooled up on revo toro 50's.  I have never needed to respool because of it getting stiff.

I've also been a fan of the Mean Green stuff for more than 10 years, but the last few spools have all had much more memory than in the past.  I talked a buddy into buying some of the McCoy line this spring and he had the same problems.  Something changed in that timeframe- hopefully they sort it out, but for now I'm thinking about alternatives like Sufix Siege.

1 hour ago, waynem said:

I've also been a fan of the Mean Green stuff for more than 10 years, but the last few spools have all had much more memory than in the past.  I talked a buddy into buying some of the McCoy line this spring and he had the same problems.  Something changed in that timeframe- hopefully they sort it out, but for now I'm thinking about alternatives like Sufix Siege.

Sad to hear that.  I guess I better start conserving what's left of my bulk spool!

When I first got into the SB game I came here looking for setup recommendations, a whole lot of people kept referencing P-line Original so I bought a spool of 20lb, $14 for 620 yards isn't a tough pill to swallow and can be swapped quite a few times before it adds up. I have had good luck with this line its very smooth and doesn't seem to retain coils bad at all. I don't get out nearly as much as much as some so I don't swap line a lot, but the line holds up great to the abuse of heavy baits.    

Also consider copolymer line. Pline CXX 20lb (mono I believe) and Izorline XXX 25lb (copolymer). Great line to re-use over and over with conditioner. You will not snap off big baits with either choice, and say NO to Biden for good blessings and freedom of speech. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, marc626 said:

Also consider copolymer line. Pline CXX 20lb (mono I believe) and Izorline XXX 25lb (copolymer). Great line to re-use over and over with conditioner. You will not snap off big baits with either choice, and say NO to Biden for good blessings and freedom of speech. Good Luck!

CXX is copolymer. +1 for Izorline, prefer it over CXX due to the thinner diameter and less memory.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jinxd12 said:

Maybe I just have wussy thumbs, but I tend to think they are like leather haha. Still a solid line!

lmfao!  Yeah I switched to cxx myself and just feel confident that it stands up to abrasion and weight of the heavier swimbaits.  It coils and so forth, but I have used sunline mono and it doesn't hold up.