What's with prices lately?

Volfan

Just remember places like the hooked up tackle selling them for $250 when TW sold em for $180 and Precision Tackle for $200(just like I will always remember BTD selling 316 knockoffs!!). And keep these guys in mind that are listing baits on Black Market for $250 and up, yep some of em might of paid similar price so they are trying to get their money back but others have probably paid as little as $170ish. You have to add taxes and shipping in as well so don't forget that.

If you want to help stop this, just do like I was told to do a long time ago by a fellow member: every time you see someone posting a bait for a ridiculous price, add that name to your list in your phone. When you go to sell a bait for a good deal and a member on that list pm's you first, you have the right to say "sorry buddy, you were first, but you're also on my flipper list, I'm gonna sell it to this other guy that pm's me second and hooked me up on a bait last year." ;)

Right on Trav,

We really don't have to worry coming up, cause guess what.....deps is putting out so many now that they are about to flood the market. Also, with the new crappy plastic one's coming out soon, there will be a flood of them.

Once again, I get mine always for retail, I am just mainly wanting other guys to get them at fair (not doucebag) prices. But, there are tons of douche bags on there that buy them up at every store (keeping real fisherman from getting them), and then selling them for high prices. Most people can't get them, so they are forced to pay the price, I feel for them. JMO

For me, I honestly just accept paying a higher price for baits. I will never see a slide swimmer in a store and I still have yet to see a huddleston in a store :lol: I actually like it that way though, leaves a lot more fish for me to target.

Think of it like this: Japan makes the bait for probably $25, then you have to add international shipping, custom, etc so when it gets here it goes to say around $75 to $100. Then they get sold to the stores at say $125ish so now the store has to make a profit so they sell them for $150-$180(or the $250 doucher price). Good ol swimbape Johnny buys that bait for $180 and he decides he just wants to make a buck off of it, so he knows he has to pay $10-15 for shipping so that's already $190-195. He looks on the black market and sees baits selling for $250+ and even sees them at the doucher page for $250 retail so he decides that is a fair price and he can make $50 so that's what he does. So swimbape Susie buys it for $250 and throws it once and decides that bait isn't for her, so she wants to sell it, well of course she has to cover shipping as well and wants to make a small profit when she see's the prices in the black market.....and on.....and on.....and on..... until the demand goes down and someone loses money(which is usually me :lol::lol: ).

^Swimbape economics 101 right there^ ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a year ago you could get 250SS for $110-$130 whenever you wanted on ebay, you had to wait for them to come from Japan but that was not a big deal. Sure wish they were still that price, I want a Trout but no way am I Paying more than $150 for one.

Wish I would of bought more a year ago :lol: The Japanese sellers on ebay are definitely not dumb. Watched Sayaka603 sell 2 Flash Carps for around $260 each last night, posted 2 more flash carps within minutes of those auctions ending. Controlling the supply to keep the demand....seems like a popular thing to do when selling swimbaits :lol:

Watched Sayaka603 sell 2 Flash Carps for around $260 each last night, posted 2 more flash carps within minutes of those auctions ending. Controlling the supply to keep the demand....seems like a popular thing to do when selling swimbaits :lol:

Great seller! I bought four of my slide swimmers from him a few years a go for $100 plus $20 for EMS shipping! That was a realistic price. Now they are just cashing in. I think I might sell mine too and make some $. The glide bite is going to get played out fast anyways, I already see it dying on a lake I used to smack 'em on it

Watched Sayaka603 sell 2 Flash Carps for around $260 each last night, posted 2 more flash carps within minutes of those auctions ending. Controlling the supply to keep the demand....seems like a popular thing to do when selling swimbaits :lol:

Great seller! I bought four of my slide swimmers from him a few years a go for $100 plus $20 for EMS shipping! That was a realistic price. Now they are just cashing in. I think I might sell mine too and make some $. The glide bite is going to get played out fast anyways, I already see it dying on a lake I used to smack 'em on it

I remember when you posted about buying them off ebay for 100 when they first started getting popular. I wish I had taken that advice.

If you parch the market, the demand will go down, the prices will go down. If Jonny and Billy from the US are buying Deps 250s weekly for 130, who as a seller wouldnt raise the prices? As long as the consumer is willing to pay, they'll keep it that way.. Yes, the Deps catches fish..but no way theyre catching anything worth having a 200$+ lure on the end of my line IMO.

Ahhh... Love knowing that 95% of my lakes haven't even seen Hudds except for me. Gotta love the south! :lol: I dread the day when bigbaits are in Bass Pro, Walmart ETC...Mark the words, the time will come.

I honestly think there are too many baits being hoarded. More often than not you see NIB listings for the 250's as opposed to used. Which leads me to believe people have extras on top of their extras which puts the guy looking for his 1st or 2nd in a pinch.

I have one at this point and i paid $125 for it. Yes, its a little beat up, but it works fine. Ive seen it before and i will see it again, prices will go down. Who wants a 3:16 10" wake.........the market will eventually get saturated. Until then, i have plenty of baits to fish, and not too many others in the area giving fish a look. Gotta just keep on casting......that is once the ice melts!

Ahhh... Love knowing that 95% of my lakes haven't even seen Hudds except for me. Gotta love the south! :lol: I dread the day when bigbaits are in Bass Pro, Walmart ETC...Mark the words, the time will come.

Agreed