Exposing Mike Long

shaneo

People who are innocent don't delete their IG. Looking back on it its kinda fishy that this swimbait veteran was using saltwater duolock clips on all of his baits. Ive fished alot of tournaments and I've never seen anyone bed fishing with a treble hook like was in the video. 

Look at the video that says he’s snagging fish....12:30 into the video..., is it just me or does it look like an edited shot? Does the hook look like it’s on the outside of the net and abnormally white compared to the rest of the photo?  Not cutting for this dude at all. That just doesn’t look right to me. 

Edited by Texasfishn

1 minute ago, Texasfishn said:

Look at the video that says he’s snagging fish. 12:30 into the video, is it just me or does it look like an edited shot. The hook looks like it’s on the outside of the net and abnormally white compared to the rest of the photo?

that's his curly tail grub on his treble hook

5 minutes ago, thedonnguyen said:

that's his curly tail grub on his treble hook

Na I get  that, it just doesn’t look right to me. I’ll be honest, idk much about bed fishing, it ranks right up there with hunting under a feeder to me (not a bash if you love bed fishing, just not my shot of whiskey), but California law allows 3 hooks on a bait, right, could he just be bed fishing with a treble hooked grub. Obviously the first fish was in the side of the face, but he didn’t act like he did anything special in his IG post. Just a shout out to his board... the fish at 12:30 in the video... the bait looks much more brilliant on the video.... idk man. Surly more will come out about this. I’m reserving judgment.

My thing is why are people shocked from this?The guys has a history of doing shady things. I.e. holding his buddy’s record fish for a magazine cover and pretending it’s his.I was always shocked to see so many people going “nice fish” “wow mike what a giant!” Every time he posted.

12 minutes ago, mjw2121 said:

My thing is why are people shocked from this?The guys has a history of doing shady things. I.e. holding his buddy’s record fish for a magazine cover and pretending it’s his.I was always shocked to see so many people going “nice fish” “wow mike what a giant!” Every time he posted.

And the snow bass video is so out there. He was really high on his ego to think anyone would believe that one. 

3 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

As for the article, he names people and quotes them. It's ballsy to do that and lie or exaggerate. So if the author is exaggerating or lying about those quotes the truth will come to light soon enough. 

I think when so many people are saying similar things about him, there's gotta be some truth to it. If I were in his position though, I wouldn't delete my social media after the article. I'd address it if I was innocent. 

I dont remember the exact numbers, but it's really suspicious that he was in like 35 tournaments and has won or placed like 28 of them by himself. His whole tournament career just sounds shady as heck 

To me, it don't look too good for Mike 

I totally agree with what you are saying. I’m not a jealous fisherman, and I’m fairly secretive about my spots like most of us, but the numbers are a little too good if you really think about it.. which I never have before..

think about some of the most proficient big bass catchers in the country, fishing the best lakes with the biggest fish. How does he have those types of numbers? Is he really that much better? He is the KVD? Idk man.. I’m heart broken and angry at the same time. 

Innocent men don’t run in real life. They fight tooth and nail to the most bitter of ends. When you have nothing to hide, you immediately bare all in an attempt to prove your innocence, and then you go on the offensive to those people that lied about you to re-establish your good name. But you never run. That’s not a good sign.

Also, if this is a hit job, you put a lot of people’s names and reputations on the line. If it’s not true, someone will back him up. But the lake records? The numbers of giants caught? And frankly, how they were “caught.”All of that is now called into question. Maybe he is innocent and people just want to see the man fall. But that’s not what my gut tells me. Even if Kellen has an axe to grind, that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. That video is damning. There is no walking that back. 

This guy helped me so much getting into the sport when I was a kid. I’m thankful for that. 

But this.. this is too far. 

I’m not even in the tournament scene here in SD and have heard a lot of shadiness about him growing up from some reputable people... I always put it off and didn’t care much cause I never fished tourneys, but seeing the video and reading the article, it lines up with a lot of what I heard 10+yrs ago from others. 

No matter the case, him taking pics with his friends fish and claiming it for records, plus the video is enough facts for me to see the guy kinda sucks. 

I don't understand why Peeps are calling a soft paddle tail swimbait a grub? I've heard of this technique before in a prominent fishing magazine on a caly lake that is semi-private with no gas motors allowed. The sticks use double tm small boats for speed and power.  The famous stick they interviewed stated that a large white soft plastic swimbait attached to a jig is the money bait during spawn time.  I think hitch might be the primary nest invader out there. 

12 minutes ago, bigpoppabass said:

I don't understand why Peeps are calling a soft paddle tail swimbait a grub? I've heard of this technique before in a prominent fishing magazine on a caly lake that is semi-private with no gas motors allowed. The sticks use double tm small boats for speed and power.  The famous stick they interviewed stated that a large white soft plastic swimbait attached to a jig is the money bait during spawn time.  I think hitch might be the primary nest invader out there. 

Hitch?in SD?

If you see the part of the video were he has the rod and reel combo laying inside the boat you can see exactly how we has the hook set up. Its a drop shot rig with a huge treble hook, and he probably put the grub just to disguise it a little bit from people. And at the beggining when he is fishing in front of a tree you can clearly see that he spots a fish and then tries to snag it. There is no defending him. 

3 hours ago, d-camarena said:

If you see the part of the video were he has the rod and reel combo laying inside the boat you can see exactly how we has the hook set up. Its a drop shot rig with a huge treble hook, and he probably put the grub just to disguise it a little bit from people. And at the beggining when he is fishing in front of a tree you can clearly see that he spots a fish and then tries to snag it. There is no defending him. 

My guess is the white plastic not only disguises his treble but also helps him see where his hook is so he knows when to swing