Favorite Bait( Not Swimbait)

WaterWolf44

34 minutes ago, Kyle1387 said:

gotaa be the frog and I know this is actual blasphemy @Jinxd12 but it has to he the dropshot. Don't know if there's another bait that competes w it for number of fish caught :-D

That's an embarrassing tactic to say on this forum!  Only thing I use drop shot weights for is sinking my tiny Klash!

12” Mann’s straight tail jelly worm. While I’ve been swimbait fishing successfully for years, I’m still chasing the total number of big fish I’ve caught on a 12” jelly worm, it’s amazing how many big fish love a big worm. One of the only conventional techniques I believe can consistently hang with the quality that man swimbaits produce.

Deep diving crank baits. I fish a lot of  water systems that have steep, rocky banks or flat out rock walls that go down 20’. Love just banging that thing along the bottom. But that’s only in the summer. And even then, I’ll almost always pick up a “schwimbait” as my youngest kid calls them. 

Outside of sbs, I have many 10 lb fluoro braid rigs on light Powell rods and size 90 spinning reels, good ones are sometimes hard to find. Lots of options small grubs, keitechs, etc. It is a blast wrestling a bigger fish with em. I honestly don't know why reel makers backed off of small spinning reels.