Best Gill Glides

+1 on the Sly 6.2”. One of the most productive baits for me last summer/early fall. Hookup percentage is no issue 10/10 some of the most aggressive bites I’ve gotten they bite like they’re trying to kill it.

IMG_9060.thumb.jpeg.93b4b6198267afbca39f446cfeccdd32.jpeg

IMG_9179.jpeg

Edited by Bud95

Agreed on the sly, the 6.2 is the best of the bunch 

I’m also a fan of the Deltadood/skumline customs gill glide. Has a tunable weight chamber and his gill pattern is dope. 

@Jinxd12makes a couple sick ones too, there’s some pics in the grassroots section and I know he just got some custom painted which came out great. Great dude to deal with a long standing member of SU (as are sly and Deltadood) 

I have the Bucca hd gill glide and it’s nice. More of a chop style than a wide glide. Have caught numerous fish on it. Hard to get though I got mine at a show. 

4 hours ago, chefchris said:

Agreed on the sly, the 6.2 is the best of the bunch 

I’m also a fan of the Deltadood/skumline customs gill glide. Has a tunable weight chamber and his gill pattern is dope. 

@Jinxd12makes a couple sick ones too, there’s some pics in the grassroots section and I know he just got some custom painted which came out great. Great dude to deal with a long standing member of SU (as are sly and Deltadood) 

Thanks dude!

6.2 sly guy is my favorite so far also the Gracely finesse  gill is a close second. Just picked up a bc gill haven’t had a chance to fish yet but the swim 

is killer chops and glides great pretty much suspends in the corners I think it’s gonna get hammered 

I bought a jimmy rigz holy gill a week ago. Haven’t gotten it yet but from videos and other notable reviews seems like it will be great option. Fingers crossed that’s the case for me. 

Delta dude/skumline gill glide is sick, tuned pretty perfectly out of the box.  I’ve owned a few sly guys which look super dope, and I liked them, but didnt love the swim on them. The 3:16 gill glide is super sick,very responsive to reel/rod tip inputs,  but expensive.  Someone mentioned the baitsanity, which swims surprisingly well for a commercial ABS bait.  

5 hours ago, manansalsa said:

I’ve become a big fan of the baitsanity explorer gill. Very smooth glide and comes with multiple tails to make it more versatile. They are cheap, durable, and readily available, though the paint is not ultra realistic light you might find on other options.

Sold my Sly because the Baitsanity gets more attention in my waters. Also I'm not timid about putting it in tough spots since they are relatively affordable and easily available. 

Yes Sly Guy and Bucca are very good options if you are looking for a true gilder.  Confidence in mid size gantarel however has kept these baits sidelined for me.

PS. The gantarel is not really a true glide but more of a jerkbait style glide like the islide.